Blogs help to grow your site and enhance your online visibility. Web pages are assigned a value, and the higher this value is, the more likely Google, BING, DuckDuckGo and other search engines are to show your page at the top of the organic search results. To obtain this, your website needs to produce content that other authoritative websites want to share with their readers. Well written, informative blogs get shared, which generate backlinks, which boosts your domains authority raising your SERP.
Determined by multiple factors, page authority is generally based on how many backlinks a page can generate and how many of those backlinks are quality ones that come from other authoritative websites. While the saying “you get out what you put in” can apply to everything in life, it safe to say that it definitely applies to copywriting for article writing and SEO.
Authoritative websites don’t want to share an article that is a rip off of something else that’s already been written. They want to share content that is original, informative and something that their readers will obtain value from. After all, if they keep sending their customers and website readers to mediocre articles they may end up losing them.
Avoid backlinks to your blog articles from…
- Websites that generate a lot of spam.
- And, websites with a low domain authority.
A lot of people dread writing blogs, let alone good ones because they take time (over 1,000 words, and that’s small) or money. This leaves you with a few options.
- You can find a copywriting service to do it for you where you may or may not get someone writing it who knows your industry.
- Write the articles yourself or in-house. Technically speaking, there is no one who should your industry as well as you and your employees do…
- Find a copywriting service that specializes in your industry. While more difficult to find and often times more expensive, this option tends to be your best bet to obtain the quality you need to get content shared online.
So, why are blogs important for your website? To help bolster your online presence and domains authority. Once you achieve this high level, your posts, pages and products will rank at the top much faster than you could have ever expected “as if everything you touch, or write in this case turns to gold”.
If you have any questions about writing blogs for your website, shoot us an email to see how we can help boost your domain authority and bolster your online presence.